It is one thing to love cakes,another thing to know how to make it,yet another thing to have the facilities to make it! most people don’t bake anymore because their ovens got problems or they don’t have at all.
But these days you must not have an oven to bake your cake! you can bake your cake with your simple pressure cooker! see how.
- decide on your cake of choice,and how you want it to be. get your ingredients ready.
- Use a pressure cooker that’s at least 4 liters size. you can bake with any size of your choice,but the chef would not recommend anything below 4 liters.
- Remove the rubber insulation gasket on the lid of your pressure cooker. no need for the whistle. no need to add any water to the pressure cooker( since the plan is not to steam the cake,but to create an oven-like baking environment)
- place the pressure cooker on a flat griddle (to minimize direct contact with flame) and cook the cake
- Before starting to bake the cake, you need to pre-heat the pressure cooker. just place the lid (without gasket) on the pressure cooker (which should contain no water) and cook on high heat for not less than 2 mins.
- Now you can put the cake batter in. Make sure to use a cake pan that fits comfortably inside your pressure cooker without the sides touching. warning :Use a pot-holder if you observed step 5 above, since the cooker will be hot because of the pre-heating.
- cook the cake for about 6 minutes on medium heat,then lower the flame and cook. depending on your cake size,it could take between 30 minutes and one hour to get done.hope this helps you.