BRIEF HISTORY OF THE COMPANY
The Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi (FIIRO) is a parastatal under the agency of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology. FIIRO was the idea of an economic mission sent to Nigeria in 1953 by the World Bank. The mission’s observation was that industrial research activities in Nigeria were diffused and uncoordinated with no definite direction. Consequently, a decision was reached to set the institute in 1956.
CURRENT AREA OF FOCUS
- Research and Development of Food and Agro-Allied Processing Technologies
- Research and Development into Pulp and Paper Processing
- Research and Development into Packaging and Product Design
- Design and Fabrication of Equipment Prototype
To assist in accelerating the industrialization of the Nigerian economy through finding utilization for the country’s raw materials and upgrading indigenous production technologies especially to;
- Identifying and characterizing local raw materials for use in industries
- Develop appropriate technologies, upgrading indigenous technologies in the area of food and agro-allied processing and in various non-food use
- Develop pilot scale operations
- Assists in the transfer, adaptation and utilization of these technologies by local enterprises
Undertake economic evaluation of Projects and consultancy services.
EZEIFE CHISOM CYNTHIA
Department of Food Science and Technology,
Nnamdi Azikiwe University , Awka.
for More info: contact Her :
Email: [email protected]
“the six months industrial training with FIIRO has been one of the most interesting, productive, and instructive experience in my life. Through this training, I have gained new insight and more comprehensive understanding about the real practice and ethical requirements of the labor market” – Ezeife Chisom.