1. A Billie razor to replace the dull, flimsy one that’s currently hanging out on the side of your tub. This one comes with a handy magnetic holder and a refill subscription plan so you’ll never forget to replace your blades!
My coworker Bek O’Connell loves her Billie razors. Here’s what she had to say:
“Billie is just the most wonderful company, and every time I take a shower, I wonder if I should write them fan mail. First of all, everything they design is ADORABLE, so even if their razors were dull or flimsy, I’d still be a loyal fan. But luckily, their razors are as sharp as they are sharp looking. The handle is super lightweight and easy to grip. The razor heads are surrounded in a layer of soap, so they glide beautifully over skin without irritating it. Billie makes great razors, and it’s awesome that they’re so affordable. If only they could go back in time and stop me from paying absurd amounts of money on pharmacy-brand razors in my youth.”
Get the starter kit from Billie for $9 (and then four replacement cartridges for $9 when you need them).
Read more about why BuzzFeed editors and writers are OBSESSED with Billie razors.
2. A few Maybelline liquid lipsticks if you’re looking to quickly expand your lipstick collection without spending a fortune. They’re matte yet moisturizing and long-lasting, so they’re basically magical.
3. A reusable and machine-washable duster that fits onto the Swiffer duster handle so you can stop wasting money on the flimsy disposable refills. These will quickly get rid of the layer of dust that’s been accumulating since you moved in. No judgment.
Promising review: “LOVE the washable duster attachments. These are SO soft and such great quality. The stitching is strong and I don’t worry about anything coming apart. We use ours with our swifter duster wand and it fits perfectly. If you’re looking for a more sustainable item, this is one for you.” —Cassie Couch
TS Designs US is a small Etsy shop based in West Leroy, Michigan.
4. A grooming glove so you can remove excess fur from your precious pooch or ferocious feline — but they’ll just think you’re giving them some extra pets and cuddles!
Promising review: “Fantastic dog grooming aid! Our older rescue dog isn’t too keen on the routine dog brushing stuff but her thick coat really needs the grooming — this dog-grooming glove is the right answer. Put the glove on, pet the dog, and all that loose hair comes away, leaving her coat feeling so much smoother and softer without causing her to be nervous or upset over a brushing. Highly recommend, and yes I’m going to be ordering as gifts for a couple of other dog owners I know!” —DSP
Get each glove from Amazon for $7.99.
Check out my coworker’s review of this hair-removing glove here (#19).
5. A bottle of earwax removal drops that uses fizzy microfoam action to break down all the stubborn wax that’s been clogging up your ears for way too long now. Here’s to hearing again!
Promising review: “I’ve been having ear hearing/cloggage issues for a month. My ear would not drain properly and it was frustrating me very much. I bought this product and used it twice and I could ear again. This is by far the best ear-cleaning product ever! Highly recommended!” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $5.96 (also available in a pack of two).
6. A leave-in conditioning spray with a whopping 10 benefits in one bottle. Just a few spritzes will condition, detangle, provide heat protection, hydrate, smooth, soften, control frizz, boost shine, and strengthen your strands.
7. A washable, reusable sponge with scrubby mesh on one side and soft cotton terry cloth on the other. Plus, those prints are way more adorable than the green-and-yellow sponges you have in your sink right now.
Promising review: “So glad I finally found an environmentally friendly sponge THAT WORKS! I tried all the other kinds of eco-friendly sponges before these — silicone (don’t work on stuck stuff), vegetable fiber (got so mildewy so fast), and even crocheted (felt so gross and didn’t work great). These do the job and then after a few days I just throw them in the wash! Hooray! And they’re cute!” —willowbe0416
Porter Lees is a family-owned Etsy shop based in Portland, Oregon, that specializes in homemade reusable goods.
8. A flexible cable protector so you’ll never have to replace your charger cords when they get all frayed and damaged from trying to stretch them from the outlet to your bed.
Promising review: “I hate to recall how many new iPhone chargers and MacBook power bricks I’ve had to buy over the years as the originals gradually frayed at the connector ends until they stopped working altogether. These inexpensive little coils wind right around the connector base and first half inch or so of the cord to keep it from bending and ultimately breaking at the join. Genius.” —ElleNWC
Get a four-pack from Amazon for $5.99 (also available in a multi-color pack).
9. A dog waste bag holder that attaches right to your pup’s leash so you can avoid awkwardly carrying it several inches away from you until you find somewhere to dispose of it.
10. A pack of oil-absorbing tissues made with natural bamboo charcoal to get rid of shine in just a few swipes and keep you looking matte all day long.
Promising review: “I’ve had oily skin my whole life and have used countless types of oil-blotting sheets because they’re lifesavers. THESE ARE AMAZING. Great deal, big sheets, and they pull out one at a time so easily. I used to use Clean & Clear sheets or knockoffs of the same thing but I’ll never go back. Give these a try; they are completely worth it. They work well and are easy to use. No negative things to say at all.” —Kelsey
Get 100 sheets from Amazon for $6.95 (available in two formulas and various pack sizes).
Check out our deep dive into the Pleasing Care oil-blotting sheets for more deets!
11. A set of microfiber makeup remover cloths that erase makeup with just the use of water — because 2021 is the time to say goodbye to disposable makeup wipes.
As if that wasn’t easy enough, these are also machine washable so you can use them again and again!
Promising review: “I was skeptical of these, but now I’m pretty sure they’re what Mulan’s outfit was made of when she wiped her makeup off on her sleeve in the movie. Even totally dry, they do a pretty impressive job of taking off all my makeup (including waterproof eyeliner and mascara) in a couple swipes. I like to use a little micellar water to make my skin feel a little cleaner. It’s nice not to burn through so many cotton pads.” —RachelM
Get a five-pack from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in six colors and also available in a pack of 16).
Check out our picks for the best makeup removers from three different price points.
12. A touch-up paint pen so you can disguise any accidental scuffs without having to pull out an actual paintbrush. It’ll also basically guarantee you get that security deposit back!
These are especially great because you can fill them up with the exact paint you used the first time. This pen keeps paint fresh for up to seven years! Simply soak the paint you want from the can you used originally and keep these handy in a drawer somewhere for when you really need them.
Promising review: “I recently had the interior of my house painted. I purchased these pens, thinking that I might need to touch things up from time to time. Well, I did, like when I pushed the garbage can against the wall. Or when I found spots the painters missed. I love how easy these pens are to fill. I’ve got a couple stashed in various rooms. When I see a spot, I just grab the pen, shake it to mix the paint, and twist the barrel.” —Karen Ranney
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $9.99 (also available in five-pack).
13. A magnetic rack that screws right into your light switch cover so you’ll have a handy place to hang your keys. Say goodbye to frantically searching for your house key when you have to rush out the door!
Promising review: “How much simpler could it be?!? Take out the existing screws holding the switch plate, replace with the magnetic ones. Piece of cake! Love having my keys right by the back door without having to mount anything more on the wall.” —Cathy
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $8.99 (also available in pack of six).
14. A beauty spatula you can use to scoop out every ounce of that concealer you can’t believe you spent over $30 on.
Promising review: “I bought this a while ago because while I loved using Tarte Shape Tape foundation, I felt like there was often too much product I couldn’t reach using the built in applicator. Each bottle is 1 ounce, and I had five ’empties’ to test this spatula on. I got so much product out of these old bottles that I had to stop before finishing every bottle. My 2-ounce container is practically overflowing! Thanks to this little spatula, I now have two full bottles’ worth of foundation potted to use.” —Krystal
Get it from Amazon for $5.49 (also available in a two-pack).
15. A bracelet holder so you can wear your favorite accessories even when nobody is around to help you deal with that annoying lobster clasp. Seriously, it’s 2021 — bracelet clasp technology should be more advanced by now.
Promising review: “I can’t believe I’ve waited this long to buy one of these. My eyesight is failing, including my depth perception, so wearing bracelets has been difficult unless they are slip on. This jewelry helper is easy to use. Now I can wear bracelets again.” —Cat Mom
Get it from Amazon for $6.99 (available in two colors).
16. A washable and reusable alternative to disposable Swiffer Wet Jet pads that aren’t just better for the environment, they’re also way cuter. Just look at those prints!
17. A dog food tracker so you can keep track of your dog’s feeding schedule — because let’s be honest, you can barely keep track of your own schedule these days.
Promising review: “Awesome product! There are four of us that were working together to feed the dogs. It simplified everything because I no longer have to text to see if anyone had fed them every morning. Now I just see if it’s green and if not I feed them and indicate it. We all love it so much!” —Toni Deegan
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
18. And a magnetic weekly meal-planning pad to help keep your breakfast, lunch, and dinner on track. There’s even a special spot to keep your grocery list, because a meal plan is useless if you have nothing to actually cook.
Promising review: “I love this meal planner and shopping list! In my house, it was constantly ‘what do you want to eat,’ ‘what do we have,’ blah blah, etc. Now I can lay out the week’s meals and get my shopping list prepared so I make sure I don’t miss anything at the grocery store. The magnet on the back is strong and holds it to the fridge perfectly, even with the door opening and closing constantly. The perforation is good and doesn’t stray off into the paper like some cheaper papers do. Will be buying again when my current one gets low.” —Haley
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two styles).
19. A bottle of CND Essentials nail and cuticle oil that will have your hands looking as shiny and flawless as they do when you leave the salon, except without the outrageous salon prices.
Each day, work the oil into your nails and cuticles and they will begin to grow and strengthen so you don’t have to worry about weak nails anymore!
Promising review: “I had peeling, weak nails for years. Tried everything. I bought this in February. This-size bottle lasted a bit more than a month religiously applying it two to three times a day. I was really seeing great improvement, so I bought another bottle in late March. By May, all the peeling had grown out and my nails were getting stronger every day. I then bought the big 4-ounce refill bottle because I never want to run out of it again! Cannot recommend this stuff enough!” —Diana
Get it from Amazon for $8.50+ (available in three sizes).
20. A silicone cleanser and massager brush so you can exfoliate your face without overwhelming your skin. The super smooth silicone bristles are soft enough for sensitive skin, so you can scrub off all that dirt, oil, and makeup without any irritation.
Promising review: “I’ve seen these online and thought I’d give them a try… I’ll never wash my face without these again! I have a pretty in-depth skincare routine and this these little wonders cover the missing piece. The silicone is super soft and the ergonomic design is easy to hold. I’m actually using less face wash now. My kids are using them now and they are super fun for them to use. And I even gave one to my husband, who loathes washing his face. I highly recommend and for the price you can’t beat it!” —G. Pathak
Get two from Amazon for $4.99+ (available in different multipacks and colors).
21. A pack of six cable clips that’ll keep your charging cable in reach and stop you from panicking when that low-battery warning pops up on your phone or laptop.
Promising review: “If you have devices that need to be charged and you want to keep your cables neat, tidy, and in place, you need this product. You could also use your imagination to find other uses! I have purchased two packs of these and used them all! I simply could not imagine life without these cable clips!” —Mike Tickle
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $6.96.
22. A ridiculously helpful sticker featuring all of the Mac OS shortcut combinations so you can stop googling “how to take a screenshot on a MacBook” every single day.
Promising review: “I love these stickers so much that I purchased an extra for a friend. It is so nice to have shortcuts easily accessible at just a glance vs having to search the same shortcuts over and over again. The shop owner is also extremely responsive and kind.” —Courtney C.
Shortcut Sticker is a small Etsy shop based in Bay City, Michigan.
23. A box of acne-absorbing patches you can slap on before you go to bed so that pesky pimple is a distant memory by the time you wake up.
Promising review: “I don’t know how these little guys work, but work they do. I had one blemish for so long that I assumed it and I would be cremated together when that time came. Two of these guys later, and not only was the blemish gone, the portal through which it came from the underworld into my life was miraculously not only closed but healed. I’m now working on my new identity without the devil’s own blemish, which is a refreshing change from my usual daily partnership with that soulless eruption. Thank you, Nexcare.” —BMac
Get a pack of 36 from Amazon for $5.63.
24. A foaming carpet shampoo to get your car’s interior looking as good as the day you bought it — you know, before you spilled your go-to Dunkin’ order all over your seats.
Promising review: “I would’ve been happy if this stuff worked half as well as the reviews made it seem. But holy cow, this fabric cleaner is incredible! I bought a ’93 Jeep recently and the inside was pretty gross (check out the photos). The fabric upholstery looked like someone’s Pepsi had exploded everywhere, with dark, drippy stains and spots all over the seats. After using this cleaner these seats looks amazing! It takes some work to really get in there and work a lather, but hoo boy is it worth it. Check out the before and after photos! I’m so pumped. This stuff is great! Definitely a lifelong customer now.” —S. Wheeler
Get it from Amazon for $6.11.
25. A bottle of Burt’s Bees sunburn lotion that will save the day when you forget to apply SPF before your much-deserved beach day. The soothing blend of aloe and coconut oil will calm your skin down in no time.
26. The wildly popular Bug Bite Thing, which uses the simple power of suction to alleviate post-bite itching and swelling. It works on everything from mosquito bites to beestings, so you’ll probably want this in your pocket at all times.
The suction can be pretty strong so use caution and try a small amount of suction first and work your way up if necessary.
Promising review: “I am a magnet for bites of all kinds and carry topical and medicines with me at all times — so I figured this would be a good product to see if it really works. I woke up with a bug bite on my arm so I used this little tool (three times per the instructions). Immediately after using, it stopped itching! And less than 24 hours later the bump/bite gone! There is a very faint red mark from using the thing, but a small price to pay IMO. Bottom line: it’s awesome. I’m carrying it with me everywhere!” —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
27. An all-natural deodorant for those of us who start sweating at the mere mention of summer. Sometimes a trusty deodorant is all you need to get through those too-busy-to-shower days.
Promising review: “Listen here, I’ve been searching for a deodorant for a long time. I have overactive armpit sweat glands. I was on the hunt for deodorant that wasn’t toxic and actually worked. Almost every deodorant that I would use would work for maybe the first hour and would smell really great. But sometimes I wear this deodorant two days in a row without showering and I can’t smell any BO from myself at all!!! I’m a stay-at-home mom/ homeschool mom of five. So I’m very busy and sometimes I literally don’t have time to shower. I LOVE this deodorant!” —Alison P.
Deep Well Botanicals is a small Etsy shop based in Overland Park, Kansas.
28. A pack of multipurpose dermaplaning razors you can use to shape your eyebrows and remove fine hairs. You can also use it to remove any stubborn peach fuzz so your foundation will glide on more seamlessly than ever.
Promising review: “I regularly used the Tinkle facial razors, which I thought worked well, but I just used one of these razors for the first time yesterday and OMG the amount of peach fuzz and, to my surprise, dead skin that came off was shocking and oh so satisfying. I will definitely be stocking up.” —I & S. Stark
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $4.99.
29. A blind spot mirror so you can safely see all those out-of-sight areas when you’re changing lanes or merging onto the highway. All my fellow anxious drivers, this one’s for us!
Promising review: “I purchased this one because there is no bezel that takes up space when the rear view mirror is already so small and you need whatever space you can get. The angle is also adjustable. Of all the ones I’ve purchased, this seemed to fit and look the best.” —LiterOfPeter
Get it from Amazon for $5.97+ (available in packs of two or four and three shapes).
30. A pack of four toe separators — because bunions and overlapping toes shouldn’t get in the way of your comfort and stop you from wearing your favorite sandals.
Promising review: “These are absolutely a godsend! It is a great alternative to bunion surgery. My second toe was creeping over my big toe and at times causing spasms. These have made all the difference in the world! I am a very satisfied customer. Worth every penny! They are very comfortable to wear even with your shoes or sandals on.” —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in three colors).
31. A set of light-dimming sheets so your ridiculously bright alarm clock can stop bothering you when you’re trying to get some beauty sleep. It’s also perfect for electronics, air purifiers, thermostats, or any other LED lights that are ruining your whole nighttime vibe.
Promising review: “What a time to be alive. I was lying awake at night wishing there was something I could do to make my hellish alarm clock less bright. I was really pleasantly surprised when I found out this product existed. I’m SO HAPPY that it does. I seriously don’t know where my fiancé bought this alarm clock, but it has four brightness settings and they range from light house search light to surface of the sun. I cut one of these sheets and smoothed it over the display and it’s AMAZING. I can still read the clock during the day, but at night it’s now just the right brightness so I can see the time, but not burn my retinas when I crack my eyes open in the middle of the night.” —Tiffany Marie
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $9.79.
32. And a subscription to Acorns, which will automatically invest your spare change and set aside money from each paycheck so you can achieve all those financial goals you set at the start of 2021.
You can choose between three different plans depending on how much you’re looking to save and invest. The Lite plan focuses on investing spare change and setting recurring investments, the Personal plan adds retirement options and bonus financial advice, while the Family plan adds investment accounts for kids and other exclusive offers.
Get a plan starting at $1 per month.
Your old self looking at your new self thriving.