Ever been to Ethiopia? one of the dishes you’re sure to see on your menu is the famous Ethiopian doro wat chicken dish! You can try it out with the recipe below. The chef in a video chat on skype with an Ethiopian friend had a glimpse of this doro wat chicken dish,
i made my investigations and was able to replicate a fair version of the doro stew.
all you need would just be:
- Wash and soak the chicken in cold water with lemon squeezed into it for 30 minutes.
- Caramelize the red onions on low heat in a large pot for 1 hour.
- Add the berbere, Niter Kibbeh, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook on medium-low heat, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add in the hard-boiled eggs and salt to taste.
- Simmer on low heat for an additional 10 minutes and serve on the Injera.